We recognize the importance of your privacy. We carry out our activities in line with the applicable data protection regulation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and other related laws.
2. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect the personal data which you provide directly to us or which we generate when you open an account, perform any transactions on the Rising Coin platforms (our website and mobile app), or use our other services or our website. This may include:
- Contact information such as e-mail address;
- Computer or mobile device information, including IP address, operating system, network system, browser type and settings;
- Website or mobile application usage information;
- Communications and correspondences that you made with us, whether through our website or via e-mail, over the phone or via any other medium;
- Information regarding our services you used and the way in which you use our Services.
3. COLLECTION METHOD OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your personal data in several ways, including:
- Directly from you via our website and mobile application as well as e-mail, telephone, printed form, and other physical and electronic environment;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From our own records of how you use our services.
4. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Information to:
- Process your subscription and create your account;
- Provide our services and process your transactions on our platforms;
- Analyse website usage and improve our website and website offerings;
- Personalize our services based on your experience;
- Review your questions, recommendations and opinions and respond your customer service requests and support needs;
- Contact you about our products and services including marketing communications.
We may also occasionally communicate news, updates, promotions and information relating to our products and services. We may also administer a contest, promotion, survey or another site feature as further explained on the website. We shall only do this where you have given us your consent or otherwise where we are permitted to do so under the data protection laws in pursuit of our legitimate interests (that is, promoting our Services).
We may share personal data with third parties to help us with our marketing and promotional projects or sending marketing communications.
If you want to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing emails, text messages, posts and other forms of communication from us (or our promotional partners), which you might receive in accordance with this section, you can choose one of the following ways:
- Click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email we sent you; or
- Contact us at [email protected] and request to opt out.
If you do opt out of receiving promotional and marketing messages, we can still contact you regarding our business relationship with you, such as account status and activity updates, survey requests in respect of products and services we have provided to you after you have opted out, reservation confirmations or respond to your inquiries or complaints, and similar communications.
6. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect and process your personal data on the following bases which are stated in Article 6(1) of the GDPR:
- You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing is necessary for the performance of our contract;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, provided always that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
We collect and process your special categories of personal data on the following bases which are stated in Article 9(2) of the GDPR:
- You have explicitly given us your consent to process your personal data;
- Processing relates to personal data which are manifestly made public by you;
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We disclose your personal data with:
- All parties that run Rising Coin, including but not limited to legal persons, unincorporated organizations and teams that provide the services on the Rising Coin Platforms and are responsible for such services, for the purposes specified in Section 4;
- Other Rising Coin users, suppliers, service providers, business partners and solution partners for the purposes specified in Section 4;
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations to meet legal and regulatory requirements, or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws.
For compliance with the GDPR, we ensure that our suppliers and business or solution partners whether they are located outside the EEA or not, takes appropriate technical and organizational security measures in accordance with applicable data protection laws and use it solely for the purposes specified by us.
8. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
If you are from the European Economic Area or in certain countries, you are also entitled (with some exceptions and restrictions) to:
- Access: You have the right to request information about how we process your personal data and to obtain a copy of that personal data.
- Rectification: You have the right to request the rectification of inaccurate personal data about you and for any incomplete personal information about you to be completed.
- Objection: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, which is based on our legitimate interests (as described above).
- Deletion: You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
- Automated decision-making: You have the right to object a decision made about you that is based solely on automated processing if that decision produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
- Restriction: You have the right to ask us to restrict our processing of your personal data, so that we no longer process that personal data until the restriction is lifted.
- Portability: You have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have that personal data transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
- Complaint: You have a right to lodge a complaint with the authorized data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting us via [email protected] together with a proof of your identity, i.e. a copy of your ID card, or passport, or any other valid identifying document.
In some cases, we may not be able to give you access to your personal data that we hold, if making such a disclosure would breach our legal obligations to our other customers or if prevented by any applicable law or regulation.
9. RESIDENTS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (USA)
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), California residents have certain rights in relation to their personal information, subject to limited exceptions. For personal information collected by us during the preceding 12 months that is not otherwise subject to an exception, California residents have the right to access and delete their personal information.
We will not discriminate against any customer that asserts their rights under the CCPA. We will not: (1) deny you goods or services; (2) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (3) provide you a different level of qualify of goods or services; or (4) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality of goods or services.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information from us regarding our information-sharing practices with third parties for direct marketing purposes. To the extent that we share your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may receive the following information: (1) the categories of information and sources of information that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding year; and (2) the names and address information of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, the examples of the products or services marketed.
To the extent that we sell your personal information to third parties, you also have the right to request that we disclose to you: (1) the categories of your personal information that we sold, and (2) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold. You also have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information.
California residents may also designate an authorized agent to make a request to access or delete on your behalf. Your authorized agent must submit proof that you have provided them with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 through 4465. We may deny a request from a purported authorized agent who does not provide proof of authorization to act on your behalf.
10. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent. To withdraw your consent please follow the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or contact us via [email protected].
Once we have received the notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
11. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate and reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
12. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill our collection purposes, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, and where required for our company to provide services, until the end of the relevant retention period.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period, we will securely delete, destroy or anonymize your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
13. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
We reserve the right to update and change this Policy from time to time in order to reflect any changes to the way in which we process your personal data or changing legal requirements. Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail or push notification. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy.
15. CONTACT US